Just in case you didn’t already know, your health plan is being cancelled! You must select and enroll in a new plan by December 15th to have coverage January 1st 2017.
More bad news, you will only have three insurance companies to choose from in the Austin area; Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), Scott and White, and VISTA360.
BCBS rates are about 56% higher than last year and will only be offering an HMO.
Scott and White rates are up about 50% and will only be offing two Bronze plans.
Because of the crazy high cost and lack of options, many of my clients are kicking Obamacare to the curb and opting for United Healthcare’s affordable Short Term Medical Plans.*
This plan provides access to over 1 million physicians and approximately 6,000 hospitals and other facilities across the county through its PPO network.
Here are the top seven benefits of the short term plans.
1. Provides up 360 days of coverage
2. United Healthcare’s Choice Plus Nationwide PPO network
3. 70/30 co-insurance with optional deductibles
4. Save 50% or more with the network pricing
5. Provides $1,000,000 of coverage
6. Provides $25,000 of accident and critical illness coverage
7. Up to half the cost of Obamacare Plans
Call me if you would like a customized quote.
Greg Downing (512) 900-3008
*Short term plans do NOT cover pre-existing conditions and not all individuals will qualify. Short term plans do not provide all the mandated benefits of the Affordable Care Act.